Saturday, February 14, 2009

Anointed

“Now he was a ruddy, a young man with beautiful eyes and handsome in appearance.
Then Jehovah said “Get up, anoint him, for this is he!”
~ 1st Samuel 16:12
One of my favorite bible stories is the story of King David. I love the account of David, esp. his ascension to the throne because I truly empathize and even understand what its like to be anointed, but have to wait to be installed as King. I can truly feel his pain as he watches Saul muck up totally, but he can’t act because technically Saul is still the King chosen by Jah. It had to suck all those years.

Wait, you don’t know what I’m talking about? So not only are you a snarky mofo reading this you’re a heathen too? Sheesh.

Ok…here’s a quick back story.

Back in the day Israel was ruled by judges, men and women who over saw them, sorta like a congress, but more biblical like. Well one morning the Israelites get the brilliant idea that judges suck, and want to be ruled by one man, a king. So Jah sends his prophet Samuel to select a King, and Samuel selects a young man named Saul. Saul of course was the best of the best at this point.

Well as things go, Saul gets big headed or goes crazy (depending on who you ask) and pisses Jah off real good. So Jah tells Saul that he’s gonna take his kingdom one day and give it to someone more worthy. Jah instructs Samuel to go select another and Samuel anoints David as King. Of course David, despite being anointed and much better than Saul can’t take over yet. So basically David has to sit on the sidelines and wait, all while doing wonderful things for the country like killing Goliath and playing Saul’s right hand man. Saul, now officially in hating mode, tries to kill David. But instead of whacking Saul, David flees and waits until his time. Saul ultimately kills himself while in battle, and then David has to whup on the last of his sons to FINALLY get what was promised to him.

*sigh* I know how David felt. I was anointed and had to wait for “Saul” to finally be removed. It is an arduous process indeed.

But eventually David did become king, and what a king he made.
Well at least till he had dude killed. That was dirty, but other than that he was good.

So now, few thousand years later like King David before me, I can finally take my throne, (after being anointed two years ago). I can finally have what was ordained to be mine, to build with and love.

I AM NOW KING.

This is a most beautiful kingdom, it is everything I imagined. It truly tantalizes every fucking sense I have. Its almost overwhelming if it weren’t so serene.

This must be a dream.

No, not a dream. This is happiness right here.

I sit down on my throne and relax. For the first time in my life I have not a care in the world.

Well there probably are cares, but who cares. I’m trying to get my BP down.

I know there are enemies.

But I will no longer seek them out

I know there are naysayer’s

But I will not let their words dilute me.

I will simply be the King, one day at a time, one challenge at a time one moment at a time.

Let me stress this point again: while there are challenges, some of the necessary, some of them present due immaturity and ignorance I will not concrete on them.

My mental health and blood pressure demands that I don’t.

I’ve waited and worked a long time to be here. I’ve overcome challenges and ghosts. I’ve over come internal and external doubt.

This is my world to make and make it I shall.

I stand at the balcony and look at all that is now mine to have, hold, love and protect. I don’t smile, not yet. I close my eyes and breathe in. I nod and enjoy the fact that I was the Soul Survivor, the one who stands above all the rest and was chosen.

I walk through the halls, and against I look at the murals of the Kings before me, all good men I’m sure but I am better than each one of them. I am something they are not.

This realization makes me smile. The people don’t see it yet, but they most certainly will.

I sit on my throne and drink my vodka.

I close my eyes and enjoy my new station.

I AM KING.

And will be for a long time…

Straight, No Chaser
2-14-2009
12:01AM

No comments: