Friday, December 31, 2010

Saying Amen while waiting in line: The Final Moments of 2010

"You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
~Romans 5:6-8 TNIV

Confession: After the fiasco of 2009, in which I fought two wars: one based on a lie and another based on a petty beef, as well as my total self destructive lifestyle and behavior I should be dead.

Yet God is so merciful he gave me another chance at redemption and to get it right.

Although broken and battered I was able to make it into 2010 with the promise and assumption that I would try to turn it around and get back to the man I used to be on my own.

However, God had a different plan for me. He proved to me that I was unable to do anything on my own and God did not allow me to be the man I used to be, but instead he allowed me to be a better man. This wilderness trek has not been easy, but yet at the same time it was what I needed in this season to reach my true calling and potential.

In a few moments, I will bring in the New Year with my sons, and for the first time not drinking and lamenting losses, but with my hands out stretched, praising him and thanking him for ALL that he has done: from giving me strength to deal with the death of my mom, helping me raise these heirs properly, putting a BFF in my space to help save me, keeping my path pure, and forgiving my trespasses.

Last year I quoted Howard Hughes "Say Amen" in describing what I felt and my gratitude for making it out of 2009. I confess I really didn't discern the truth in that song esp. when I recall killing a fifth of vodka while penning that blog. This year is different though. I think moreso than last year it is appropriate this year, because I know UNDERSTAND He didn't have to show me mercy and kindness. He could have let the LSC and the DOF be my final chapter and legacy. He didn't. He has given me another chance. He allowed me in 2010 to begin to show myself approved.

I hope truly my parents and my pastor are smiling.

More than them, I hope my walk and life are pleasing to God.

2011 is all about staying in position, living Holy and being obedient.

The line is moving. I need to be ready. While I wait, I think I'll sing a lil song.



2011, shall we begin then?

Happy New Year everyone!

Giving honor to my Creator, who is forever praised, Amen.

In Truth and Transparency,
Straight, No Chaser
TLT
12/31/2010
11:59pm

No comments: