Saturday, April 10, 2010

I did too much didn't I?

"As it is You boast in your arrogant schemes.
All such boasting is evil."~ James 4:16 (TNIV)

OK...um...yeah.

So I made the brilliant (sic) decision to challenge myself to match last year's April blog output in sorta a "I'll show you" attitude which in turn led me to make some pretty bold predictions. Of course, as with most things the hyperbole doesn't necessarily meet up with reality. I guess this is what the bible writer James meant when he advised against "boasting in your arrogant schemes"

I see now the issue isn't my writing skills but rather A) the energy I was drawing on and b) how that same energy effected my time. In essence, I'm not mopping around crying over how unfair I was treated, drinking vodka and listening ad nausea to "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Whithers but rather praising, worshiping and walking with God, being with my heirs, and working with kids who make me want to do more than drink Vodka. I decided for spiritual, emotional, and mental reasons to kip up and do what the rest of the world was doing....enjoy the hell out my time on this planet.

I also made the mistake of locking myself into a paradigm. I really don't want my blog to become the 700 club, yet at the same time I'm experiencing a spiritual awaking that I never had before (even in all my years of "studying"); after sharing my pain I should and will share my joy.

You really would laugh if knew how many saved drafts I have on this thing. I will get the spirit, start writing a brilliant piece, then realize I don't want to sit in front of the computer anymore, save it with the promise of coming back to it, then go live life. Next thing I know I've gotten five or six drafts and well behind my projected outcome. Oh and on top of that I got a bold prediction to make come true. Man I can be such a queef.

Ironically though I find this to be most excellent.

I am glad Jah (who is forever praised Amen) has removed me from the place and space where my only emotional outlet was blogspot; I'm glad I am removed from the mental and emotional arena where my snarky loyal readers took more interest (even if that interest wasn't always altruistic) than those in my life.

My life...it feels so frigging good to have it back.

With all of this said, I really am not ready to abandon my personal challenge. I have 19 days left to pull out a miracle and I intend on doing just that.

But even if I don't I'm damn proud of my discoveries, recoveries and lifestyle change...

You have no clue how truly thankful I am for this.

In truth and transparency
Straight, No Chaser
TLT
4-10-2010
2:13pm

1 comment:

West Indian Hell Raiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.