Sunday, April 4, 2010

Resurrection Sunday

"Happy Anniversary" ~T.G.S.


HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY AND WELCOME BACK!

Let's get into it.

On this day, one year ago, I died. No it wasn't a physical death although I came close on numerous occasions. Instead I died in the worst way possible. I lost the essential three; it was a spiritual, mental, and emotional death.

With the lost of the essential three I entered THE darkest moment of my life, one that would go on until mid January. I was lost. I had no faith. I had little hope and the love I was receiving wasn't enough to sustain me. Truly it was a soul breaking moment.

I won't recount all of it here. This blog chronicled those events from the day of until the final moments. If you feel so inclined you can go back to read it.

I also will not explore what went wrong. That also was done ad nausea. Indeed I brought some of it on myself, in other spaces I wasn't treated fairly or given a fair chance, and other times it just was piss poor communication. Regardless of what happened all parties will have to stand before the Creator of worlds and give an account. Either way the time for reflection over the "cause" has past. Instead I would rather take the positive lessons, the moments when I was "better than the best" and transform them into a blueprint for how to be a true God filled, God fearing, husband, father, brother and leader.

I won't even discuss the friends lost, enemies made, and reputations tarnished. In this regard I will simply say I do not expect my friends to remain my friends, nor my enemies to remain my enemies, but I do expect me to, hence forth, prepared either way. As far as my "honor" and "reputation" I can only say that I have made peace with my God, I have been given his grace and forgiveness. I will show that his mercy is justified by changing my works and doing better. I have nothing to prove to anybody. The one person I needed to apologize to, outside of my sons, has been apologized too and if given a chance atonement and restitution will be made. Other than that everybody else will be alright.

What I will discuss is how this indeed is a "Happy Anniversary". I confess when the idea was tossed at me earlier today in a text message I was taken aback. I mean at that moment I thought it was pretty rude and morbid to think of a day so full of sadness and pain, a day that lead to so much darkness be considered happy. Really did folks think so little of me and what WE went through that they thought it was a cause for celebration? I was really appalled.

Then I prayed on the matter, asking for discernment and guidance. I checked my emotions. I held my tongue and I was slow to speak. As promised, Holy Spirit comforted and reveled the answer to me, although in the most unusual way.

This day, so personal to me, is no different than Resurrection Sunday. In fact there are several similarities, several lessons that can and SHOULD discerned from the ransom sacrifice and rising from the dead. I just needed to step back and listen.

Consider: Today marks the resurrection of OUR Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and is about so much more than pain, suffering, and death. It is about Victory. It is about how Jesus defeated Satan, conquered death, and gave us a way to be in God's grace. While we acknowledge and see his death as an important component in the equation for our salvation we don't harp on his death, it is not the most important moment, the resurrection is. Jesus understood this. This is why, while on the cross, he asked God to forgive them " for they know not what they do." He didn't lament his death but instead awaited his resurrection, the fulfillment of prophesy and his time on the throne.

Likewise, while I am no Christ, today marks a spiritual, emotional, and mental (and in some ways a physical one) resurrection for me; I have arisen from my tomb of despair, discomfort, lack of faith and sorrow. I had to let, now and forever, that pain go. While there are lessons learned and meanings made in what happened, the greater story is what comes next. The story will be in what springs from the seeds of hope that were planted for by me and watered by God through my faith in him.

The LSC and DOF made me a better man. Nobody said my process to be a better man would be easy or smooth. To be concise life is struggle, evolution is struggle, and growth is struggle. While God does not bring evil or tempt with evil, he will use such moments as a teaching experience, to get us to draw close to him. I now believe I needed such a moment. This moment showed me my strengthens and weaknesses. It showed me what I could do and what I could handle. It showed me who my friends and enemies are.

Most importantly it re-affirmed my faith. I am back in God's mercy and grace and I am walking the proper path. Indeed, I am smiling and happy. I have risen from the darkest moment in my life, I have shaken the lingering effects of that time off and ready to use those lessons to be a better man.

When viewed through this lens this is a "Happy Anniversary", not for the love lost, for true love cant be lost, but rather for the dying and resurrection cycle all Christians must go through in order to be complete and healed. It is a "Happy Anniversary" because I understand, I get it and won't ever forget.

With these lessons, with the renewed sense of faith, hope and love, with the renewed connection to my Creator who is forever praised Amen, I can now truly press towards the mark of the high calling.

May you all be blessed on this Resurrection Sunday!

In Truth and Transparency,

Straight No Chaser
TLT
4-4-2010
7:13pm

1 comment:

West Indian Hell Raiser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.