Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Apology

*author's note: This is an old adage about throwing a brick into a pack of dogs and the hit one yelling. Before you email me or leave a snarky comment just realize it wont validate your point of view but mine. Just FYI. TLT*

I apologize
Oh, believe me I do
I apologize
Honest and true
Because I know I was wrong
So I sing you this song
And I'm tryin' to get through
To make it up to you, yeah
~Anita Baker


You know snarky mofo reading this I feel bad. Why you ask? Well I feel bad because I wronged a bunch of people. I hurt a lot of people and then shrugged my shoulder. That makes me an asshole ya know?

But I couldn't help it. I swear it. I mean have you seen how deep her eyes are? Or how illuminating her smile is? Have you felt her touch? Or engaged her in a conversation about Black love, politics or just some good nigga shit?

No? Then you don't understand. I have enjoyed each one of those things and it is simply divine.

How else do you think she got the name Black Heroin?

Think about it. I named her after Heroin. That says a lot.

Yeah, I am kinda addicted.

I know you (and you know who you are) that once a mofo is addicted man..he starts selling radios, old clothes, cereal boxes, pussy all kinds of shit. Wait I can't sell pussy. But you get my point.

Morally, I am inclined to do something to rectify this problem. So let me issue this heartfelt apology, that I hope once and for all will put any questions of who what when how and why she got the throne and you got well...the turtle wax.

As point of house keeping and future reference I encourage you to read the blog called " The Lament: Suggestions for the next one" and remember that. Apply it to the next man you come across.

I am not trying to be sarcastic. Ok I am. But I'm a bit annoyed by all of the antics involving my queen and I. I mean for real I am happy. I am at peace, and while it is not a perfect peace, it is still a wonderful place. It is obviously more than what you were able to provide.

Ponder that for a moment.

But, ishamariablanca had a point. I did hurt you. I did kinda just through folks under the bus. So I would be a total ass if I didnt acknowledge your pain. She advised me just issue an apology. I think I will do that now.

*pause*
ishamariablanca, this doesn't apply to you. I know you were hurt as well but instead of lashing out you embraced my new queen, showed the throne respect and worked to evolve into a friendship. I truly appreciate that. I know you and your new king will do well. Ashe.

*play*

So this is dedicated to those out there who are hating, bitter, upset, leaving anonymous messages and other petty antics.

Let me also say that should by some random act of the universe your feet hurrying off to badness does manage to end my new dynamic please rest easy in this even, even simpler truth:

She IS the queen, even for a moment. You never were, even for a moment.

So without further adieu...

I apologize:

for you not having what it takes to claim the throne.
for you not understanding what I was saying even if I made it plain.
for you not touching my heart in the truest sense.
you weren't lady enough.
you weren't positive enough.
you couldn't make up your mind.
you made your mind up too soon.
for not being smart enough.
for you thinking it was owed to you.
that you didn't get a return on your investment. It's a volatile market. Investments are not FDIC insured.
that you think by hating on the current queen will get you promoted. It wont.
that you think by plotting on my queen you can break us up. I assure you she's hardheaded. She's more likely to marry me than leave me. I know. I deal with it daily.
you spent more time trying to be queens of old than doing what you needed to do. I can tell you from experience it was more annoying than endearing.
that you didn't get it.


I really apologize that I am happy.

and I am sorry that you're not.

;-)

Straight, No Chaser

TLT
3-24-2009
2:30pm

No comments: