Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Lament: Suggestions for the next One

*Author's note: This was something Nickia sent me a couple of years back. I figured I'd dust it off and give it a spin.~TLT"

1. Hold me accountable.
2. Avoid liking me just because I'm "different."
3. Don't be afraid to disagree.
4. Listen when my mind wanders.
5. Don't pretend to understand.
6. Don't look for me to complete your life.
7. Don't assume that you're in my life b/c you make me happy.
8. Don't let me hide behind you.
9. Don't expect me to adopt your "issues" as my own.
10. Don't put most of your effort into making me laugh.
11. Don't fall in love.
12. Don't expect me to live by your rules.
13. Don't assume that I don't need to be touched or kiss or held.
14. Don't assume.
15. Ask until you get it... even if it frustrates the hell out of me.
16. Don't mistake a concession for a compromise.



Straight No Chaser
1-7-2008
3:26AM

No comments: