Monday, April 13, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

"Raindrops will hide my teardrops"~David Ruffin


Can't nobody tell me that Jah doesn't have a sense of humor after a day like this. I mean he makes it rain all day, knowing what emotions that the rain will bring up, the blog topics brought back memories I'd thought I was over, it rained today, I got waaay to many pictures of days past, it rained today, against better judgment I logged onto Facebook, it rained today, I cooked a version of the meal I was supposed to cook for her, it rained and it rained.

Oh did I mention it rained?

The rain. It washes the earth, cools the earth, grows the trees and grass and all that stuff we learned in kindergarten. The rain. A romantic time when you can cuddle and the sounds of the water on the window offers a backdrop to romantic kisses, touches, conversations, giggles, all that. Have you ever made passionate love in the rain snarky mofo reading this?

So then you understand my mood today.

Before some snarky reader quips "Hey I thought you were over it" let me state that I never said I was over it. I think I said the pain was subsiding the mood swings were no longer swinging and basically it wasn't gonna send me to the hospital. But you know the fact of the matter is I do miss my friend, I do miss her, shit today I'm missing her.

The rain...voices...on the ocean...at night. Sweet Jesus.

I tried to take a nap, but of course the first thing I get: Lucid dreams. Jah ain't right.

But tonight I accept the memories and desires, I accept the truth in how I feel.

So, I'm bite a little bit and post some good ole love songs...I'm so sick of these. But they, the legends, can explain it better than I.



The Whispers Getting Louder-Jackie Wilson



Ain't No Sunshine-Bill Whithers




Hall and Oates-One on One



I Wish it would rain- The Temptations



Castles Made of Sand-Jimi Hendrix



Overjoyed-Stevie Wonder



AS-Stevie Wonder


Going to drink vodka...and reflect...on the vistas of my life..

Nite Blogspot.

Straight, NO Chaser
TLT
4-13-2009
10:38pm

No comments: