Monday, April 13, 2009

Sins of the Father: A Historical Review

"There will be NO further negotiations on this matter.
Deal with it or dont"
~
Me to my Aunt Louise after they tried to punk my mother.

First a historical review: Before I post the on the topic dealing with my family I feel a need to give you a back story. I know my long time readers and personal friends might be familar but you new folks are gonna love this story. Here we go.

As you all may know (or should know) by now on Dec 16th 2006, I lost my father to cancer. It was an emotional time that I had documented via a series of blogs posted on Myspace at the time called "Sins of the Father". This series chronicled everything from my frustration at my mother for her decisions to the night they took him out the house one final time to his to the plots of my aunts and other family members, to this funeral and the aftermath. In my opinion this was my best written work but sadly, a crashed computer and a deletion of Myspace page made it unable to retrieve any of that work. I found a few files on Gmail and I have them stored on a lil pen drive that wont read, but other than that the only Sins of the Father that remains is part 5, the account of his funeral (which can be found under the Dec 2006 section of my blog or by clicking on the link).

Just prior to his death, my father converted to become a Jehovah's Witness, a decision that did not sit well with his sisters, whom happen to be...yup you guessed it baptists. They did/do not like my mother as they felt she was uppity, and didn't engage in the mass niggerdoms that seem to uh dominate my father's side of the family. I do believe only his children are the only ones college educated, free of felonies and can read and or write. So needless to say my mother's Hyde Park reared arse did not mesh well with the slack jawed yokels of the Bailey clan.

Damn, my biases are showing and I am not objectively reporting the account.

Sorry. Let us move on...

When he was diagnosed as terminal my father wrote each of his siblings a letter telling them that he wished his funeral and burial be in accordance with the way a Jehovah's Witness would be held, my mothers word was law and he tasked me to enforce this by any means necessary short of murder.

I wont bore you with the intricate plots but basically my aunts with "assistance" from two of my brothers actively worked to undermine my mother's every decision including trying to buy an extra night and service from Gatlin's. Yes these "women" raised about 3G's to hold a special service as opposed to say um...giving it to my mother. Basically the end result was me using every political trick in the book to make sure my mother under grief didn't violate my father's wishes and I almost turned Wei Yan lose on a few of them.

Indeed good times by all eh?

Defeated, two thirds of my father's people "missed the funeral", as Monday was Christmas, his funeral was a Friday and they chose holiday pay over paying respects. Those that didn't go to work refused to come to a "Jehovah funeral" hell my aunt went back to Atlanta rather than come into a Kingdom Hall.

Did I mention that those who did come and show up sat with his first wife and comforted her. My mother sat in the corner alone with only a few friends from the hall making helping her, that and her granbabies.

Even typing this account makes my chest hurt.

Only 2 aunts out of 5 showed my mother any kind of respect.

Had it not been for the lovely women of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. we would have had a shitty repass. This is why I haven't left the table of Blue, my sorors..during this time. I can never repay that. Ever. One day I'll tell you how the Sigmas reacted.

You know I got a ugly bitterness in my mouth over this era.

OK moving on.

So this week, which still holds the record as worst.week.ever. had a number of implications:
  • It caused a rift between my brothers that really still hasn't healed. Honestly it wont fully heal until they offer my mother an apology for treason
  • It caused me to be utterly weary and distrustful of baptists. Think racial profiling but instead of race think denomination.
  • Zetas have a lifetime commitment from me.
  • I refused to talk to everybody on my father's side for any reason.
This last point is important because I've missed funerals, birthday parties, weddings, births, damn near everything. My suns weren't allowed to communicate. I mean I saw folks on myspace and facebook and just wouldn't fox with them at all.

I know snarky mofo reading this you're asking "Was it that serious?"

Yes it was.

I was given a task by my father. No compromise. My mother was disrespected. My parents faith was disrespected. I mean, I won't name who but one of the conspirators whispered in his ear something to the effect if he didn't renounce Jah he would burn in hell. My father being the ADD filled creature he was later in the day blurted out "Please no I don't wanna go to hell".

Since when does a JW...never mind. Heart pumping faster. But this should give you a lil more insight as to why I am the way I am. Moments like this.

Oh my favorite. My mom was trying to fix my dad's oxygen, wipe his face or something and clearly it was bothering him so he managed to put his hand up. My ignant aunt replies "He do it again smack his hand." Or was it spank his hand? I forget.

The point is since when do you slap a dying man's hand? Or spank a grown man? Ignant ba...

Give me a moment. Lemme think a happy thought.

.
..
....
....
........

Ok, there. As I was saying it was made niggerdoms and I wrote it all down. Sigh. But something happened over the weekend that I will post in another piece that softened my heart, even if it didn't totally reverse my position.


Lemme make some breakfast and I'll post the second half. I'm break this up into two pieces as this one has gone on way too long and there is just too much emotion in this piece.

Brb
Straight, No Chaser
TLT
4-13-2009
9:30AM

No comments: